After carefully reviewing the wonderfully written “driving in Vienna guide,” you are now a pro at navigating the streets (and Viennese drivers, pedestrians, and trams) but there is just one little thing remaining….where on earth to park in this city!? You can do what I do which is scout out the closest parking garage and then pray you can back into a parking spot without hitting a pillar, wall, car, or person; pay the (hefty) parking fee and go on your merry way.
Or, you can be brave and park on the street (I hope you know how to parallel park) and cross your fingers you are parking legally and not at the risk of getting towed. Check out the links below for all you need to know!
For more information:
- City website on parking (in English!)
- Short-term parking explained (in English!)
- Information on Parkscheine/parking vouchers (in English!)
- If your car got towed …. see here (German)
- Search for parking garages (German)