Looking for a fun place to cool off with your littles? Look no further than the Wasserspielplatz Donauinsel, a 5,000 square foot water playground in the middle of the Danube River. Located on the Danube Island, the water playground is full of natural water play for kids including a barge, splash pools, sand pit, waterfall, and a suspension bridge.
- The ponds in the play area are shallow so it is perfect for swimmers and non-swimmers alike.
- The sand pit has an awning and a fence providing excellent shade and a little reprieve from baby chasing for mom and dad.
- The water is pumped in from the New Danube so it is icy cold but refreshing.
- The public toilets are clean and easily accessible from the play area.
- And best of all? It’s FREE!
Available from late April to late September. Take the U1 (red line) to Donauinsel station and walk approximately 7 minutes downstream. Enjoy!
For more information:
- visit the water park website (German)
Submitted by Kelly. Also check out her blog for more wonderful pictures.