The Votiv Kino makes going to the movies fun and easy for parents with babies. Every other Tuesday at 11 a.m. the theater becomes baby-friendly. Lights in the theater are dimmed, but not turned off completely, so parents can come and go if they need to change the baby or take a crying baby out of the theater for a little while. The sound is also turned down so that babies can sleep. Smoking is not allowed in the theater or in the bar so that parents can enjoy refreshments before the show. There is even a baby changing table, baby wipes, and a bottle warmer available.
- Please note that this is not a children’s program! The movies are chosen from their regular screening schedule and they are usually not for children! Therefore, only babies 12 months and under are allowed (by Austrian law).
- Not all movies are in English! For a listing of films playing during Baby Kino, please go to www.votivkino.at and click on VotivKino, then Baby Kino. A monthly schedule will appear on the screen. English language movies will be marked (engl. OmU), meaning, English Original with Subtitles)
- Tickets cost 7,50 Euro (babies are free), and the ticket price includes a piece of cake.
- Box office opens at 10:30 a.m.
- Films start at 11 a.m.
- Parents are responsible for their children and are asked not to allow babies to crawl around the theater.
- If your baby cries during the show, parents are asked to take it out of the theater.
- The theater’s foyer can only hold a limited number of strollers and is only accessible by stairs, though a staff member waits by the side entrance to help the parents bring the strollers down the stairs.
Today’s Baby Kino was the last before the “summer pause,” and Baby Kino will resume mid-September. For further information, contact the Votiv Kino.
Thanks to Devin for this suggestion!